It is time for...... MILITANT CHRISTIANITY!!
"Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession, before many witnesses" I Timothy 6:12
What is "Militant Christianity"??
1. The militant Christian speaks out for Jesus and His Gospel wherever he goes. This means at work, at home, on the street....wherever the feet trod. He makes no apologies, realizing he is bringing those condemned to eternal death a complete pardon, if believed and taken.
2. The militant Christian can never be happy in a church that chooses to entertain instead of pray. That chooses to perform rather than praise and worship. He will speak out to leaders of the church if Jesus is not at the center.
3. The militant Christian will not choose to support or attend a church that is "having a form of Godliness, but denying the power thereof." These sad pathetic places will tell you the gifts and power of the Holy Ghost demonstrated in the book of Acts have passed away. They encourage you to pray but not expect God to answer in any miraculous way. If you dare demonstrate a gift of the Holy Ghost, such as prophesy, speaking in tongues, miraculous healing, and so forth, they will quickly escort you to the door. The militant Christian will obey scripture and "from of such, turn away!" (read II Timothy 3:5)
4. The militant Christian will not be afraid to speak out and call any group that does not recognize Jesus Christ as God Almighty, and the only door and way to get to heaven a CULT. Some examples of these are:
Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Muslims, Buddhists, Christian Scientists, and YOUR LOCAL CHURCH if they do not proclaim this truth! The militant Christian will prove that the name of Almighty God is powerful enough in Jesus Christ (Isaiah 9:6) to use the mighty name of Jesus alone in the casting out of devils, in water baptism, and when praying for anything including healing and salvation. They will also not hesitate in exposing the doctrinal error of the Catholic Church and any other institution that Jesus needs the help of Mary, saints, good works, or any other thing other than His shed Blood at Calvary as necessary for the saving of your soul.
5. The militant Christian will not depend on circumstances around him or her to determine God's will. They will realize they are on the attack plundering satan's kingdom other than on defense, defending God's!
We are invading this planet with Jesus! Satan already has them. When circumstances work against the militant Christian, he seeks God to see if the enemy his hindering, and if determined, takes authority in Jesus name and moves forward!
6. The militant Christian will not stand by and watch precious children get devoured by Lucifer! Militant Pastors must warn the parents of their congregations of the deadly assault of our children not just through music and television, but even through books such as Harry Potter, and movies of the same. The militant Christian will become livid when other Christians allow their children to dabble in or entertain SORCERY AND WITCHCRAFT.
7. The militant Christian will not compromise when God shares a precious conviction or truth, even if the ENTIRE CHURCH WORLD seems to not go along with or understand him. He will not be afraid to stand alone, if need be. The greatest men of God in Church History had to often stand alone when the Church as a whole departed from the faith. If you disagree ask Martin Luther if I am correct when you get to heaven.
8. The militant Christian is not afraid of ridicule, being made fun of, and gossiped about. If you choose to be militant about your faith, get used to it. Satan is the false accuser of the brethren. "Beware when all men speak well of you" (Jesus Christ)
9. The militant Christian cannot tolerate fakery and hypocrisy in the church. He will speak out against false teaching, and false prophets within the church. He will recognize church "gimmicks" to draw a crowd instead of the Holy Spirit. He won't be afraid to call church leaders on the carpet if they encourage people to move in gifts of the Spirit in the flesh. What do I mean by this? (Getting them to talk in tongues by making up sounds, attempting to force people to fall under the power by psychological methods other than the intense power of God, then catching them before they hit the ground for fear that God might allow them get some bones broken, speaking "words" from God that come to the flesh other than the Holy Spirit to coerce members to bend to the will of the man who spoke instead of the will of God.....need I say more?) The militant Christian will insist that all these mighty gifts of the Holy Spirit be obtained through prayer and a TRUE anointing from the laying on of hands!
10. Finally, the militant Christian will love the sinner or backslider enough to warn them of the consequences of sin. He will love them enough to get his hands dirty trying to help them. He will love the alcoholic enough to not be appalled when he is vomited on. He will love the soul that hates him enough to receive a punch in the face and still tell the sinner that Jesus loves him without retaliation. The militant Christian will love another soul enough to die for him or her, if that is what it takes to get this soul into heaven. "No greater love than this, than a man lay down his life for a friend." -Jesus Christ
NEED I SAY MORE?
Are you a militant Christian? There is one sure way to become one. Stay on your knees until you are baptized in the Holy Ghost. With this wonderful baptism comes the power to witness, the Helper and Teacher who is Jesus Himself, to give you Gifts from the Holy Spirit (I Corinthians 12) along with the boldness to fight Spiritually in God's Army!
Kevin J Wilson
Alpha & Omega Outreach Ministries